Pasty Crust RecipeSimilar to a pie crust, this is buttery and smooth.
1 cup whole wheat flour
1 cup white flour
1 tsp salt
1/2 cup COLD butter
1/2 cup cold water
- Divide the butter by cutting it.
- Combine dry ingredients in a large bowl, or stand mixer.
- Add egg and mix gently.
- Add butter and slowly combine until it begins to ball up.
- Add water slowly (you may not need it all).
- It will become a ball.
- Roll out and place in fridge to keep it cold.
- If you don't, you'll have a crust that may break a bit, but it will still be okay. Especially if you're making a pasty pie and not just individual pasties, this will be perfectly fine.
Vegetarian Pasty Pie "inside" ingredients
Eat with ketchup, or gravy if you're that kind (I'm not!)