Easy Cinnamon Roll Recipe
|Simple Cinnamon Roll recipe - easy to follow and customize.|
1/4-ounce package yeast (In India they're in balls, they die quickly too)
1/2 cup warm milk
1/2 cup sugar
1/3 cup butter
1 teaspoon salt
3 1/2 to 4 cups all-purpose flour
Ingredients for Cinnamon Roll Filling:
1/2 cup melted butter, plus more for pan if you don't have spray for the pan
2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
3/4 cup raisins, walnuts, or pecans, optional
Ingredients for Cinnamon Roll Glaze:
2 cups powdered sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3 to 6 tablespoons hot water
Directions for making cinnamon rolls
Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water and sugar and set aside. If the water is too hot, you will kill your yeast!
- Next, in a separate bowl, mix your milk, sugar, melted butter, salt and egg. Add half the flour, mix until smooth
- Add the yeast
- Slowly add int he rest of the flour, mixing until smooth.
- Place dough on a floured work surface and hand kneed.
- Put into a greased bowl and cover to allow it to rise (1-2 hours is fine)
- When doubled, press down dough.
- Roll out on a floured surface into a 15 by 9-inch rectangle.
- Spread melted butter all over dough (I like to use the butter wrapping)
- Spread nutella along the 15'' side.
- Mix sugar and cinnamon and sprinkle over buttered dough, using a sieve so you don't have chunks.
- Sprinkle toppics, such as walnuts, pecans, or raisins.
- Beginning at the 15-inch side, role up dough and pinch edge together to seal.
- Cut into approximately 1'' slices (you'll get around 12-15).
- Coat the bottom of baking pan with butter or cooking spray.
- Sprinkle the bottom with more sugar and cinnamon.
- Place cinnamon roll slices close together in the pan and let sit for 10 minutes or more (up to 45 minutes)
- Bake for about 30 minutes or until nicely browned.
Make the glaze while this is baking.