Here's a super simple garlic dahl recipe.
1 c toor dal (split yellow)
1 tbsp oil (I use coconut oil)
1 tsp black mustard seeds
1 dash hing
1 tsp garam masala
1 tsp turmeric
1 chopped tomato
Fresh coriander to taste
Rinse dahl twice ensuring you've picked through any rocks that may have made through processing.
- Place into pressure cooker with 1.5 parts water Pressure cook for 4 whistles
- After the 4 whistles shut off the flame.
- In a separate deep pan or wok add: oil
- When oil is hot add in black mustard seeds
- When it pops add in hing
- Add in salt garam masala turmeric
I also sometimes add a little sugar and cumin seeds but it isn't necessary. Mix Add in crushed garlic Add in tomato and two cups water (more if you prefer more liquidy dal) Mix and add in cooked dal. Bring to a boil. Garnish with fresh coriander