Because Monsanto KNOWS how bad their products are for human consumption. Check out this listing of issues with how rGBH was approved.
What do we know about GMOs?- mice fed GMO corn developed infertility, immune problems, accelerated aging, faulty insulin regulation, and changes in major organs and the gastrointestinal system.
- FDA scientists had repeatedly warned that GM foods can create unpredictable, hard-to-detect side effects, including allergies, toxins, new diseases, and nutritional problems.
- Unlike safety evaluations for drugs, there are no human clinical trials of GM foods.
Further, according to the Institute for Responsible Technology says,
- More than half the babies of mother rats fed GM soy died within three weeks, and were smaller
- Testicle cells of mice and rats on a GM soy change significantly
- By the third generation, most GM soy-fed hamsters lost the ability to have babies
- Rodents fed GM corn and soy showed immune system responses and signs of toxicity
- Cooked GM soy contains as much as 7-times the amount of a known soy allergen
- Soy allergies skyrocketed by 50% in the UK, soon after GM soy was introduced
- The stomach lining of rats fed GM potatoes showed excessive cell growth, a condition that may lead to cancer.
- Studies showed organ lesions, altered liver and pancreas cells, changed enzyme levels, etc.
What can you do to fight GMOs?- encourage others to be aware of what is in their food
- buy organic when ever possible
- grow your own food with ethically sourced, non-GMO seeds, using traditional processes
- SPREAD THE WORD
- donate to Organic Consumers Association or like organizations.
Follow Organic Consumers Organization and HELP pass the bill to require labeling GMOs in California, when California has to label, as the largest producer of food in the US, the rest will follow AND when we get our food from California, we'll know what we're getting. Don't let Monsanto fool you, this WILL NOT harm small farmers!
Monsanto has clout. Assist in raising $1,000,000 to fight Monsanto... if $1,000,000 is raised by May 26, it will be matched. Money is needed to fight off the grips of Monsanto on our food supply.
GMO dangers taken from http://www.responsibletechnology.org/gmo-dangers